Re - WPF - solution
of the 7th (2016) Dialectical Symposium
Athens, Greece, October 03 - 08, 2016
The participants of the 7th (annual) Dialectical Symposium of the WORLD PHILOSOPHICAL FORUM held in Athens on October 03 - 08, 2016 have stated that:
- The situation in the world continues to be unsustainable and in a worse way of the living conditions in the biosphere of the planet Earth. Mankind is still divided and disunited by many contradictions arising from large differences in people levels of mentality, which are reflected in their minds and create differences in their morality, faith, social behavior, education, consciousness, etc. Many world politicians, and international organizations, being involved in finding solutions to the increasing controversy by holding all kinds of summits, conferences and congresses have so far a small effect on the stabilization of human life on Earth. In many parts of the planet the situation even deteriorates.
In today's world, social differences, the international oligarchy, religious bigotry and low moral consciousness of people, stem from an improper ideological and philosophical background. The primary solution to the problems of humanity begins at the philosophical level. Then on the basis of a philosophical solution, an ideological and political solution can be developed. The overall political solution branches into political solutions for education, social, economic, administrative, government, as well as local, national and global issues.
- The main reasons for the low efficiency of solutions-oriented efforts made so far are the same as in the previous years - the dominating of national political and transnational financial interests in the global process of further development of mankind, a very low level of civil consciousness and knowledge, and insufficient participation of the Earth civically mostly ignorant population in global issues. The result of that – the worldwide domination of moneyholders and, consequently, of international Oligarchy. This irresponsible domination leads to social differences, increasing the gap between rich and poor, making it more and more difficult to live a normal life in the world, confusing all norms and standards of Wisdom, Reason, Morality and Justice, which prevailed in teachings of the best human minds over centuries.
Everyday life in many parts of the Earth indicates that the technogenic evolution advances the development of civil / public consciousness. This means that upbringing and education of mankind as a whole, especially civic and moral education have been assigned an inferior role and lag far behind the required level of the 21st century. Consequently, general civil knowledge and consciousness of most people on the planet do not match the required level neither of today, nor of tomorrow. As a result, economic, ideological, political, social, environmental, financial and humanitarian crises and catastrophes take place here and there on Earth continuously and more often. All this increases gradually the danger of self-destruction of Humanity if not now, then in the nearest future.
- Having this in mind, the World Philosophical Forum since 2010 declared the necessity “…to discuss variants of the Concept of the Humanity evolvement, of the World Constitution, of the questions of education and training of the Citizens of the World, the standards of culture of behavior and unification of lifestyle on the planet, etc.” Since that time WPF started the Global learning program of lifelong civil education & action for all - "Earth-XXI CITIZENSHIP”, the main goal of which is the Establishment & Enlargement of World (Earth) global community of Earth citizens and subsequently of Earth-XXI CIVILIZATION”.
From its side, the UN on the way to achieving its declared in September 2012 the new Global initiative “Education First”, focusing on equal access to education, improvement of the curricula & quality of upbringing and learning, fostering learning and fostering the global citizenship. Education in the UN initiative includes firstly knowledge about citizenry. Only such civic-oriented education according to the UN opinion can help people to forge more just, peaceful and tolerant societies.
UN Global Education initiative was put forward in the UNESCO “Medium-Term Strategy for 2014 – 2021” with such priorities in Education as fostering inclusive, quality and lifelong learning opportunities for all, and promoting a sense of global citizenship.
Based on these ideas, WPF has summoned in October 2015 the Constitutional Convention to approve the Universal Constitution of Earth. Following its Articles, the new, supranational Universal State of Earth (USE) is being created, with the Supreme Council of the Humanity (SCH) staffed with the most prominent, responsible Global thinkers, on the top of the planet Governance.
The participants of the WPF 7-th Dialectical Symposium appeal to ALL peoples on the planet to understand all the threats and challenges to Humanity and join proclaimed by the UN, UNESCO and WPF Global (Earth-XXI) citizenship. These acts will help to improve the possibilities everywhere and for everyone on Earth to obtain humanistic upbringing, civic education and philosophical thinking, the dissemination and popularization of philosophical knowledge in all societies in order to form the modern mentality for all the inhabitants of the planet on the way to become members of a single global hyper-society of Citizens of the Earth (World), making our planet more protected, attractive, accessible and worthy of respect, while improving the system of effective global self-government of mankind by the best members of this very hyper-society.
Taking into account all these circumstances, the participants of the WPF recommend to world communities:
- To continue efforts to consolidate Humanity into a fully integrated Earth community based on Wisdom, Morality, Justice and Global responsibility – the only values that lead to overall social Harmony on the Earth as a whole. Rather than political and economic prejudice leading to formation of military blocks and fostering world trade of weapons of mass destruction. Common sense, reason, justice and morality should become ultimately the fundamentals of people's lifestyle, the main instruments in politics, economics and business, as well as the consolidating and restrictive factors in international relations and therefore form the basis of lawmaking in all countries and international organizations. The intelligent, educated and moral version of a HUMAN Being might henceforth become the highest ideal on Earth and the universal identity on the planet in the XXI-st century. Each individual should strive to become an intelligent and moral being by means of civic upbringing and education. This is their inalienable right - the right of each born individual and, at the same time, their social, human and civil duty as well.
- To educate people means to shape their consciousness through its saturation with the most advanced, scientifically grounded ideas on which their daily behavior at any part of the world should be based. It is confirmed that the only advanced and constructive set of ideas to be studied by the population of the Earth, is Transuniversalism, which, being based on the theory of Neohumanism & Transhumanism, forms the common ideology of the Earth human civilization-XXI. Only by relying on ideas and values of Transuniversalism it is possible to start the general enlightenment and civic education as the Global Program of the Education for a new, more uniform identity - the (Global) citizenship of the Earth-XXI, thus saving Humanity from self-destruction and continuing its further progress.
- The main objectives of both present and future generations of Mankind should be the preservation of nature and the favorable climate on the Earth with the help of the achievements of bioethics, the tightening and unification of relevant sections of international agreements, supranational and national legislations, as well as the improvement and harmonization of supranational and interpersonal relations and of the individual personality itself by the universal raising of public cultural behavior, which in turn will eliminate widespread alcoholism, drug abuse, tobacco smoking, corruption, crime, terrorism and other evils, changing for the better the human way of life on the Earth.
The WPF participants call upon the international community in order to reach secured self-preservation and continued successful moral, intellectual and cultural progress:
- To support the UN, UNESCO and WPF activities in improving the possibilities everywhere and for everyone on Earth of humanistic upbringing, civic education and true philosophical reflection in order to form the modern mentality of the 21st century for existing generations of the planet population based on common sense, reason, justice and morality, with a soundly advanced presence of the conscience, healthy mind and a developed consciousness in order to eventually render all people members of a single global supranational hyper-society of citizens of the Earth (World).
- To join (Global) Citizenship of the Earth-XXI in order to enlarge the Global community of Earth citizens - Earth-XXI CIVILIZATION, and start the new, upgraded system of global self-government of mankind through work of the Supreme Council of the Humanity, Earth Parliament, Earth Government and other USE administrative organs of power raising effectiveness of global governance..
- To develop and disseminate the ideas of classical philosophy - the main holder and vehicle of the true scientific tradition and of the norms of wisdom, reason, justice, morality and responsibility. These ideas concentrated in the Transuniversalism manifesto and the Universal Constitution of Earth that should be studied all over the Earth for a wider practical use in the light of needed for mankind current innovations in the world - important for ALL and maintained everywhere.
- To popularize and propagate practical philosophical ideas on a world-wide range, thereby alerting all individuals to their right to exercise and resort to philosophical thinking, to sensitize policy makers, through relevant mass media and advertisement as well as educational agencies, to the importance of philosophical analysis and to help all major Educational institutions, not least UNESCO itself, to get wise to the importance of utilizing the philosophical traditions and trends developed in different world cultures, an initiative that will help to bridge over major social and cultural differences thereby facilitating the integration process of world societies.
- To remember that the true consolidation of the Humanity is a long-term process based on the Universal Socialization of Earth inhabitants through their universal, uniform civic education, and the solution of related problems should be ongoing permanently. Thus, to encourage WPF to continue to hold scientific conferences worldwide in the form of the revived ancient Greek tradition of Dialectical symposia and hold the next one – the 8-th annual Dialectical symposium with the theme “Formation of modern Earth leadership on basis of Global (Earth-XXI) citizenship as the firm guarantee of security, stability and progress for the entire Earth civilization” in as many countries as possible, and its final session in Athens, Greece, in early October 2017, as well as the working session of experts and advisers of the Supreme Council of the Humanity for approval of both - current global problems solutions, and newly created USE governance organs proposed by Earth-XXI citizens on grounds of the Universal Earth Constitution.
- To support and spread over all SCH decisions and approved Universal Declarations.
On behalf of the Symposium participants
Chairman of the Steering Scientific Committee
Honorary WPF President
Athens Academy member