Re - WPF - solution
of the 4th (2013) Dialectical Symposium
Athens, Greece, September 30 - October 04, 2013
The participants of the 4th Dialectical Symposium of the WORLD PHILOSOPHICAL FORUM held in Athens on September 30 - October 04, 2013 have stated that:
- The situation in the world continues to be unsustainable. Humankind is still divided and disunited by many contradictions arising from large differences in people levels of mentality, which is reflected in their minds and put differences in their morality, faith, social behavior, education, consciousness, etc. Many international organizations being involved in finding solutions to the increasing controversy by holding all kinds of summits, conferences and congresses give a small effect for the stabilization of human life on Earth. In many parts of the planet the situation even deteriorates.
- The main reasons for the low inefficiency of these efforts are the same as in the previous years - the dominating of national political and transnational financial interests in the global process of further development of Humankind, a very low level of civil consciousness and knowledge, insufficient participation of feminine gender in world issues. As a result of that – the worldwide domination of abysmal ignorance that leads to theistic and ideological differences being spread among the inhabitants of the Earth, making more and more difficult the preservation of human life in the world, confusing all norms and standards of Wisdom, Reason, Morality and Justice, which have prevailed in teachings of the best human minds over centuries.
The most important precept recorded in Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted by the United Nations in 1948 which states that «All human beings … are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood» still influences little in international politics. This influence according to the Declaration can be achieved only by means of teaching, learning and education. But this highly authoritative recommendation has not become yet a rule of life on the planet, and is ignored by world and national politicians.
Everyday life in many parts of the Earth indicates that the technogenic evolution advances the development of civil public consciousness. This means that upbringing and education of Humankind as a whole, especially civic education, lag far behind the required level of the 21st century. Moreover, general civil knowledge and consciousness of most people on the planet do not match the required level of today. As a result, economic, political, environmental, financial and humanitarian crises and catastrophes take place here and there on Earth continuously. All this increases gradually the danger of self-destruction of Humanity in the quite near future.
- Having this in mind the World Philosophical Forum yet in 2010 in the RESOLUTION of the First Dialectical Symposium declared the necessity “…to discuss variants of the Concept of the Humanity development, of the World Constitution, questions of education and training of the Citizens of the World, standards of culture of behavior, unification of lifestyle on the planet, etc.”
Following this Resolution the WPF started the Global learning program of lifelong civil education & action for all - "Earth-XXI CITIZENSHIP”, the main goal of which - Establishment & enlargement of World (Earth) global community of Earth citizens - Earth-XXI CIVILIZATION.
From its side, the UN on the way to achievement its “Millennium Goals” has declared in September 2012 a new Global initiative “Education First”, which focused on equal access to education, improvement of the quality of learning and fostering the global citizenship. Education in the UN initiative includes also knowledge about citizenry. Only such civiclike education according to the UN opinion can help people to forge more just, peaceful and tolerant societies.
UN Global Education initiative was put forward in the UNESCO “Medium-Term Strategy for 2014 – 2021” with such priorities in Education as to foster inclusive, quality and lifelong learning opportunities for all, and to promote a sense of global citizenship.
The participants of the WPF 4-th Dialectical Symposium appeal to ALL peoples on the planet to understand all the threats and challenges to Humanity and join the UN, UNESCO and WPF initiatives in improving the possibilities everywhere and for everyone on Earth of humanistic upbringing, arts education and civil enlightenment in order to form the modern mentality for all the inhabitants on the planet in order to become members of a single hipersociety of Citizens of the Earth (World), making it attractive, accessible and worthy of respect, while improving the system of effective global self-government of Humankind by members of this very hipersociety.
Taking into account all these circumstances, the participants of the WPF recommend world communities:
- To continue efforts to integrate and consolidate the Humanity in a fully integrated Earth community based on Wisdom and Morality - the only values that lead to overall social Harmony on the Earth as a whole. Common sense, reason, justice and morality should become ultimately the fundamentals of people's lifestyle, the main instruments in politics, economics and business, as well as consolidating and restrictive factors in international relations rather than military blocks and weapons of mass destruction and therefore form the basis of lawmaking in all countries and international organizations. The intelligent, educated and moral version of a HUMAN might henceforth become the highest ideal on Earth, universal identity on the planet in the XXI-st century. Each individual should strive to become an intelligent and moral being by means of civic upbringing and education. This is his inalienable right - the right of each born individual and, at the same time, it is his social duty as well.
- To educate people means to shape their consciousness through its saturation with the most advanced, scientifically grounded ideas on which their daily behavior in any part of the world should be based. It is confirmed that the only advanced and constructive set of ideas to be studied by the population of the Earth, is Neohumanism, which together with the theory of Transhumanism forms the theory of Transuniversalism - the ideology of the Earth human civilization-XXI. Only by relying on ideas and values of Trasuniversalizm it is possible to start the general enlightenment and civic education as the Global Programme on Education for a new, more uniform identity - (Global) citizenship of the Earth-XXI, thus saving Humanity from self-destruction and continuing its further progress.
- The main aims and objectives of both present and future generations of Humankind should be the preservation of nature and the favorable climate on the Earth with the help of achievements of bioethics, tightening and unification of relevant sections of international agreements and national legislation, along with the improvement and harmonization of interpersonal relations and the human himself by the universal raising of public cultural behavior, which by-turn will eliminate widespread alcoholism, drug abuse, tobacco smoking, corruption, crime, terrorism and other evils, changing for the better the human way of life on the Earth.
The WPF participants call upon the international community in order to reach self-preservation and continued successful moral, intellectual and cultural progress:
- To support the UN, UNESCO and WPF initiatives in improving the possibilities everywhere and for everyone on Earth of humanistic upbringing, arts education and civil enlightenment in order to form the modern mentality of the 21st century for existing generations of the planet population based on common sense, reason, justice and morality, with presence of the conscience, healthy mind and a developed consciousness in order to become them all the members of a single hipersociety of citizens of the Earth (World).
- To join (Global) Citizenship of the Earth-XXI in order to enlarge the World (Earth) global community of Earth citizens - Earth-XXI CIVILIZATION and to start as soon as possible the system of global self-government of Humankind raising its effectiveness. To appeal to the media, international and national organizations to support this project.
- To develop and disseminate the ideas of classical philosophy - the main holder and engine of the true scientific tradition, the norms of wisdom, reason, justice and morality. Therefore the efforts of the UN, UNESCO and WPF to disseminate these ideas for a wide practical use in the light of current innovations should be considered important for ALL in the world and maintained everywhere.
- To keep in mind that the true consolidation of the Humanity is a long-term process and the solution of related problems should be ongoing permanently. To encourage WPF to continue to held scientific conferences worldwide in the form of the revived ancient Greek tradition of Dialectical symposia and have the next one – the Fifth annual (Anniversary) Dialectical symposium “Global citizenship – from UN (UNESCO) civic educational initiative to its WPF practical implementation” in as many countries as possible and its final session in Athens, Greece, in early October 2014 for further discussions of options for the Concept of further development of Humankind proposed by thinkers of the world in order to continue improvement of the mentality of the world's population to the desired at present level of civilly well-educated human mind.
On behalf of the Symposium participants
Chairman of the Steering Scientific Committee
Honorary WPF President
Athens Academy member