Re - WPF - solution
of the Third Dialectical Symposium
Delphi-Athens, Greece, October 3 - 12, 2012
The participants of the 3rd Dialectical Symposium of the WORLD PHILOSOPHICAL FORUM held in Delphi-Athens in October 3-12, 2012 have stated that:
- The situation in the world is still far from sustainable development. Mankind is divided and disunited by many contradictions arising from large differences in ideology, morality and standards of living, social behavior, education, etc. Many international organizations are trying to find solutions to the increasing controversy by holding all kinds of summits, conferences and congresses, adopting countless Declarations. But all of them have a very small effect for the stabilization of human life on Earth, despite the enormous activity of the UNO and UNESCO. Nothing new has been heard at the June 2012 “Rio+20” Conference.
- The main reasons for the low inefficiency of most of these efforts are: the domination of national political and transnational financial interests in the global process of further development of Humankind, a very low level of civil consciousness and knowledge as well as large religious differences that exist among the inhabitants of the Earth, which become more and more dangerous for the preservation of human life, the neglect of Wisdom, Reason and Morality standards, which were developed by the best human minds over the centuries.
Almost no influence in international politics reflects the most important precept recorded in Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations in 1948, which states that «All human beings … are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood». It is possible to achieve this, according to the Declaration, only by means of teaching and education. This highly authoritative recommendation has not become yet a rule of life for the population of the planet, and is ignored by world and national politicians. All calls for "dialogue of cultures", "dialogue of civilizations" are an empty chimera, because no dialogue can ever be fruitful if conducted between slave and master, between hungry and well fed, between a poor man and an oligarch, between educated and illiterate ones.
Most of the Earth population are the result of the individualist education model, therefore, are not prepared to act with a collective consciousness and be universal.
As human beings, we have three levels of reproduction: biological, social and spiritual. At the biological level we reproduce perfectly until the global population explosion. Our social reproduction is unstable, because it depends on CIVIL education, which is extremely poor in most countries all over the Earth. Our spiritual reproduction is incomplete and old-fashioned, lacking of true philosophical methods of education based on reason, morality and wisdom. Thus we are the only species on Earth that have not elaborated its full cycle of self-reproduction that leads to the asymmetry of the Mankind's evolutionary progress, making us socially insecure beings. Such insecurity leads to various forms of destruction of each other and finally to more serious consequences.
- Everyday life in many parts of the Earth indicates that the technogenic evolution advances the development of civil public consciousness. This means that upbringing and education of Humankind as a whole, especially civic education, lag far behind the required level for the 21st century. Moreover, the current general civil knowledge and consciousness of most people on the Earth do not match the level required for the present era. As a result, economic, political, environmental, financial and humanitarian crises and catastrophes are amplified and grow in depth and range. All this increases gradually the danger of self-destruction of Humanity in the very near future.
The participants of the WPF Third Dialectical Symposium appeal to ALL peoples on the planet to understand all the threats and challenges to Humanity and join the initiative of the WPF civil activity at all levels of their social status, rank and position, before it is too late, for the maximum consolidation as well as enhancement of the planet's inhabitants' efforts to bring about a rational and morally sound stability to the state of affairs on Earth and stop its further deterioration in order to avert fatal consequences both for the present and future Human generations. The participants call for the improvement of possibilities everywhere and the reform and unification of requirements to humanistic upbringing, arts education and civil enlightenment as well as to the formation of a modern mentality of the people of the 21st century based on common sense, reason and morality, with the presence of a morally sound conscience, a healthy mind and a developed consciousness.
The participants hope that through the mastery of specified knowledge all the inhabitants of the planet can certify their status as members of a single hipersociety of citizens of the Earth (World) making it an attractive, accessible and worthy of respect, while improving the system of effective global self-government of Mankind by the members of this hipersociety.
Taking into account all these circumstances, the participants of the WPF recommend world communities:
- To continue efforts to integrate and consolidate the Humanity in a fully integrated Earth community based on Wisdom and Morality - the only values that lead to overall social Harmony on the Earth as a whole. It is necessary also to enable everyone to understand that we are all citizens of one planetary settlement, where new ideas and values can be distributed now almost instantly. Therefore, if we are unanimous, then there will be no reason why we cannot achieve these glorious ideals. We must decide to work together to realize the ancient dream of human beings' solidarity.
- Rather than any principles leading to the formation of military blocks and weapons of mass destruction, it is common sense, reason and morality that should become ultimately the fundamentals of people's lifestyle, the main instruments in politics, economics and business as well as the consolidating and restrictive factors in international relations and therefore form the basis of lawmaking in all countries and international organizations. The intelligent, educated and moral version of a HUMAN being might henceforth become the highest ideal on Earth, the universal identity on the planet in the XXIst century. Each individual should strive to become an intelligent and moral being by means of upbringing and education. This is each and everyone’s inalienable right - the right of each born individual and, at the same time, it is their duty as well.
- Among the multitude of ideas, circulating around the planet at the present time, of how to unite Mankind, most are contradictory. Their analysis suggests that the most advanced and constructive set of ideas, liable to be studied by the population of the Earth, is Neo-Humanism, which together with Trans-Humanism composes the theory of Trans-Universalism - the ideology of Earth civilization-XXI. Only by relying on Trasuniversalizm it is possible to begin the general enlightenment and civic education as the Global Programme of Education for a new, more uniform identity - (Global) citizenship of the Earth-XXI, thus saving Humanity from self-destruction and continuing its further progress.
- To educate people means to shape their consciousness through its saturation with the most advanced, scientifically grounded ideas on which their daily behavior should be based in any part of the world. This can be achieved by mastering the "Program of training and certification of the Citizens of the Earth-XXI" through the WPF Socratic philosophical school. Only in this way the consolidation and unification of Humanity by the Socratic Method can be implemented, that is, from the bottom upwards with the help of common approaches in solving human overall problems and in the synthesis of the List of values and vices common for all, transforming in this way a spontaneous Earth population in a reasonably governed Earth human civilization.
- The main aims and objectives of both present and future generations of Mankind should be the preservation of nature and the favorable climate on the Earth with the help of the achievements of bioethics and through the tightening and unification of the relevant sections of the international agreements and national legislation, along with the improvement and harmonization of interpersonal relations and man's individual personality by the universal raising of public cultural behavior which by-turn will eliminate widespread alcoholism, drug abuse, tobacco smoking, corruption, crime, terrorism and other evils, changing for the better the human way of life.
The WPF participants call upon the international community:
- To strengthen efforts for Humanity's self-preservation and continue their successful moral, intellectual and cultural progress.
- To join (Global) Citizenship of the Earth-XXI and to encourage the media as well as the international and national organizations and the educational systems to support this project.
- To develop and disseminate the ideas of classical philosophy - the main holder and vehicle of the true scientific tradition and of the norms of wisdom, reason and morality. Therefore the efforts of the UN, UNESCO and the WPF to disseminate these ideas for a wide practical use in the light of current innovations should be considered important for ALL in the world and maintained everywhere.
- To proceed from the fact that the true consolidation of the Humanity is a long-term process and keep in mind that the solution of related problems should be a permanently ongoing task; to encourage WPF initiatives to find solutions to the threats and challenges to Humanity, in the form of the revived ancient Greek tradition of Dialectical symposia and hold the next one – the 4-th annual Dialectical symposium of the World philosophical forum - in Athens, Greece, in October 2013 under the theme "Earth-XXI CITIZENSHIP – from ignorant Earth POPULATION to civilly educated Earth CIVILIZATION", where to discuss options for the Concept of further development of Mankind proposed by thinkers of the world, for the World Constitution and issues of training and education of consciousness of the Earth's population in order to improve Humankind’s mentality to the currently desired level of a wisely-educated human mind.
On behalf of the Symposium participants
Chairman of the Steering Scientific Committee
WPF Vice President
Honorary WPF President
Athens Academy member